Before I start, I'd like to say that most of these options will require you to pack up your bags and leave town. If you are ambitious, slightly crazy and unwilling to work a 9-5 job consider the following. However, if you have children to take care of or you just enjoy mommy's milk too much these probably aren't your best bet.
3. Move To The Philippines
Moving to a 3rd world country doesn't always sound fun, but the exchange rate sounds nice. As of the 28th of January, 1 US dollar is equal to approximately 50.98 Philippine Peso
. Save a few bucks before moving out there and you could live on more than enough while creating a business that you want. Here are other reasons why the Philippines isn't as bad as it sounds.
- Cheap Travel- Flights to Singapore, Thailand, and other islands that look very similar to those, are very cheap. Just be careful around the women in Thailand.
- Manny Pacquiao
- Manila- Capital of the Philippines
2. AirBnb in Japan
You could live cheaper bouncing from AirBnb's in Japan than living in a 2-bedroom apartment in most major cities in the U.S. The farther away you get from the Tokyo area prices drop as low as 2000 yen (20 bucks) per night, even in cities like Osaka and Kyoto (which I prefer to see anyway).
- A cheap train system covers the entire country
- Internet cafes- A very cheap place to hang out and get free wifi (under 2000 yen). They're open 24/7 and have a recliner to can sleep on.
- Sumo Wrestling
- Cheap Skiing/Snowboarding
This would be a great way to live for cheap, travel and to make connections. Traveling around foreign countries and meeting new people from different backgrounds is a life changing experience. These are memories and lessons you will remember for the rest of your life, which will carry over to the next thing. And who knows who you could end up meeting. A girlfriend? A business connection? Manny Pacquiao?
Photo credit- Intsagram @xegxef